A weekly art and nature-based circle for young women exploring their connection to their bodies and to nature as tools for growth and empowerment
Who’s a good fit for this group?
- 12-14 year old girls going through the powerful transition of becoming young women
- Young women who have recently started menses and want to gain a period positive perspective
- Young women who are struggling with body and hormonal changes associated with puberty and menstruation
- Young women who have a positive experience of body changes but want to gain a deeper understanding of hormonal shifts and connect with other young women their age
- Young women who want to gain tools and access inner strengths / resources to navigate and manage strong emotions and mood shifts
Throughout the course of this Group Participants Will:
- Cultivate a more positive and empowering perspective of their changing bodies and monthly cycle
- Access inner strengths and resources
- Meet like-minded young women & gain support around common issues
- Understand the hormonal cycle and learn how stress, diet and exercise play a role
- Learn to recognize and sync-up with each phase of their monthly cycle
- Gain skills to navigate physical and emotional ups and downs
- Deepen their connection to their body and to nature through mindfulness, the arts, and the outdoors
Group culminates in ending ceremony and Mother-Daughter circle on Saturday, July 25th.
- What: 5 Weekly Sessions – Limited to 6 group members (commitment to all sessions required)
- When: Tuesdays from 10-1pm, June 23 – July 21 + Mother – Daughter circle on Saturday July 25th
- Location: East Bay Outdoor Location TBA
- Contribution: $500 – Art materials fee included
*Payment plans and sliding scale options available
To set up an intake interview and to REGISTER Contact:
Tatiana @ 510.394.1608 or Karina @ 510.470.4330
For more information: www.tatianadiakoff.com/bodywisdom
Karina Colliat, MFT (#77630), is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Expressive Arts Therapist and visual artist. She has a private practice in Berkeley where she works with children, adolescents and adults. She has experience working with adolescents in crisis as well as running wilderness therapy trips where she specialized in working with girls groups. She has over 15 years of experience facilitating groups and finds that healing comes through connection with self, others and nature by way of grounded art making, ritual and play.
Tatiana Diakoff, M.A., is a Marriage and Family Therapist Intern (#77919) at Holos Institute supervised by Laura Parker, MFC (#37654). In her private practice she provides therapy for individuals, families, couples and youth. She holds a strong foundational understanding in the healing capacities of nature and creativity and has experience working with youth in both outdoor and school settings as mentor, group leader and counselor. Her therapeutic approach integrates eco-psychology, expressive arts, mindfulness, and somatic awareness as tools for healing, exploration and self expression.
- embracing your menstrual cycle as a path to personal growth and inner balance Continue reading
Tuesday evenings 7 – 9 pm in San Anselmo Continue reading
Rob Schene MFT, CGP, runs men’s groups on Monday and Tuesday evenings. Continue reading