San Francisco Office 415.692.0205 email@example.com Small steps can lead to meaningful change. Your potential to live the life you most want may be supported by a therapist who focuses on helping you fortify your own internal resources. While therapy can expand one's understanding of the…
San Francisco Office
Small steps can lead to meaningful change.
Your potential to live the life you most want may be supported by a therapist who focuses on helping you fortify your own internal resources. While therapy can expand one’s understanding of the past, I ultimately help clients find freedom, fulfillment, and ease in the present. Many clients who come to see me are seeking to change undesired patterns in their life, improve their relationships, or cope with challenging life circumstances.
I welcome clients in my practice who struggle with various life stressors, such as: major life transitions, family or partner issues, loneliness, anxiety, depression, or difficulty conceiving. I also see families whose children who are adjusting to stressors in the family and may exhibit challenging behaviours, as well as children who struggle with sensory processing differences.
I feel that that the most helpful approach is collaborative, genuine, and process-oriented, in which the client feels heard, seen and understood. Clients can trust that whatever they may share with me will be met with respect, empathy, and curiosity.
I earned my Masters degree from The Wright Institute in Berkley, California. I also hold an additional Masters and training in Transpersonal Psychology from Naropa University. The style of psychotherapy I practice calls upon the strengths of various evidence-based and experiential modalities to support clients in the changes they seek. This includes eco-therapeutic practices, mindfulness-based techniques, somatics, attachment and psychodynamic theories, as well as EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples), and play therapy for children.
I welcome clients from all walks of life, including LGBTQIA clients, as well as clients from diverse cultural backgrounds, and those in traditional or non-traditional relationships.
I am currently accepting new clients and look forward to setting up an initial consult with you to help you determine if we can work together to meet your unique needs.
I help my clients:
- Cultivate hope in the face of difficult life circumstances
- Improve their relationships
- Improve social and emotional skills
- Discover fun and effective parenting skills
- Develop closer friendships
- Choose supportive romantic partners
- Come to terms with the past
- Find greater acceptance and well-being in the present
- Take healthy risks
- Decrease their sense of isolation
- Find more meaning and purpose in life
Special Areas of Focus :
Individual and Couples:
– Major life transitions (divorce, unemployment, entering adulthood, loss, diagnosis, etc…)
– Anxiety and generalized stress
– Depression or long-term unhappiness
– Career counseling + coaching
– Singles seeking long-term partnership
– Couples and Partners Counseling, for traditional and non-traditional relationships
– Couples and Partners Counseling: Restoring or Augmenting Intimacy
– (In)Fertility Support, for couples and individuals looking to conceive
– Navigating Ambivalence (considering whether to have children, whether to change careers, etc…)
– Chronic illness and stress management
– Navigating Life Purpose in Quarter-Life, for people in their 20’s and early thirties.
– Therapy for caregivers of the elderly population
Family an Child Therapy:
– Child and Family Therapy for families affected by divorce, addiction, illness, or financial / other life stressors.
– Family and child therapy for “spirited” children or those with sensory processing challenges
– Family therapy for Co-parenting
– Family therapy for parents diagnosed with chronic illness
– Adolescent Therapy for Teens struggling with life transitions, peer relationships, family issues, and trauma.
Start feeling better and more hopeful today, call: (415) 692-0205
Registered Marriage and Family Therapist Intern #91506