In my practice with individual adults and couples, I integrate my training in Gestalt psychology techniques, body-based modalities, and shamanic counseling techniques, as well as a long- standing personal investigation into holistic approaches to health.
Having trained for over 15 years in earth based healing traditions, I feel a deep reverence for the healing power of nature, and gently weave into my client work an awareness of the interconnectedness of all beings. I strive to be a trusted ally in my clients’ journeys of healing and transformation. I hold a gentle and supportive space, yet I am also very comfortable being direct and honest in my observations. In my work I am particularly focused on:
- cultivating presence
- deepening self-acceptance and self-esteem
- recognizing and transforming limiting mental patterns
- empowering clients through recognition of how we participate in creating our experiences in life
- supporting the integration of mind, body and spirit
In addition to my training as a therapist, I have also worked as a birth and postpartum doula. This experience, along with my experience as a mother, enables me to offer unique support and counseling services for individuals and couples in all phases of family building.
- Pre-marital counseling
- Pre-parenting counseling
- Support before, during, and after pregnancy
- Assisting individuals and couples in facing related challenges, such as infertility, parenting decision processes, and postpartum depression.
My educational background includes:
- MA in Integral Counseling Psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies
- BA in Gender Studies from Eugene Lang College of the New School for Social Research
- MFT License #52907